Friday, July 29, 2011

A Celebration

First of all, please forgive me on slacking this week. I have actually found work! After two days, my new employer seems to be what I have been searching for: small enough to be part of the neighborhood, but big enough to have appropriate rules. The added bonus is that it's a completely casual dress code!

My advice to job-seekers is this: don't give up hope. I was competing with other applicants for a single position and managed to get it with what felt like an overqualified, largely irrelevant skill set. The next step is for me to give it my all, as they invested in me and I owe them that much. So this post, which is for Monday, July 25 (I guess), is to encourage my readers to hang in there and keep trying.

I guess this means that with my schedule being full-time, next week will be going to a Tuesday/Thursday updating schedule.

No comments: